Friday, February 6, 2009

A Non-Makeup Junkie

   Powder, blush, lipstick, and eyeshadow, I do not have much of. But lip glosses, I have more than my lip really need (and this only because it is the only thing I can apply correctly, by myself).
    I'm not much of a makeup junkie. But I want to learn more about makeups and how to apply it. I do enjoy going to makeup counters if only to ogle the beautiful colors, amazed as I am at how well the products are creatively packaged, presented, and marketed. We do have more options nowadays, but there's still so much to confuse us.
  I've always admired the fine skin of Japanese and Korean women and the way their faces seem to glow. But there's one thing that I am not fond of, it's an overly madeup face that from afar looks flawless but up close appears like the entire face was submerged in the tubful of loose powder.
  Makeup is supposed to enhance your looks - not change it. The worst compliment you can get is when people say they don't recognize you when you walk into a room fully madeup. Besides, no amount of make up can hide bad skin.

1 comment:

rochelle said...

hey! i think we have to bond more time mare....i lil make up talks, sharing and complimenting each other...hehhee