Monday, December 22, 2008

My Christmas Village



  The first Christmas that my husband and I were together I bought myself my first Christmas village building. It was a dollar store. Every year after that, my husband and I would add one to my collection. In a way, it has become a tradition for my family. After ten years, I finally had my first full Main Street. It consists of one church, toy tower, a skating rink, school, supermarket, ski shop, balloon ride, and a dollar general store. Every year, we try to set it up in a different way.
  Christmas is a fabulous time for sharing. Our children enjoyed spending precious time with us, as we create our enchanted Christmas village together. Actually, we enjoy just watching them have fun playing with the little people in the village but we still make sure that they won't break any of it. Christmas village displays are addition to our holiday home. They are often placed beneath the Christmas tree but ours is placed on a wooden table.
  To build my Christmas village, my husband and I would buy at SM Department Store and even at the tiangges here. I'm a fan of Lemax Village Collection. They've got great collections and offers a variety of Lemax Village delights at fantastic prices including the favorite Christmas theme, Caddington Village and popular themes for Snow, Halloween, Summer Harvest, Seaside and the Carnival Collection too- once you start building a miniature village, it will become an addictive fun hobby!
  I started out my village small and each year I'll add a few pieces. I want my village to become bigger and more impressive. I have been planning to build a specialty piece like a custom platform for my pieces. I know I'll never get tired of this hobby because creating a Christmas village is very rewarding. I consider it not only an evolving piece of art, but a personalized holiday tradition.

No comments: