Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Wedding Vow Renewal

Last Saturday, November 29, was our tenth wedding anniversary. Andre and I celebrated it quietly with just a small dinner party with family and friends. But what really made this day special to us was our renewal of wedding vow. This is the moment we've been waiting for a long time now. The ceremony was conducted at St. Joseph Mission Center in Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish.
Like I mentioned earlier, this is our tenth year as husband and wife despite the fairy-tale like circumstances upon which we met, fell in love, and got married, our relationship is as real as it gets. Real in the sense that though not perfect, it is strong and ideally happy, if I may say so. I am lucky because I married a man secure enough to let me be the person God designed me to be (I don't think I'm even there yet).
We have many reasons to renew our vows as couples. First, we simply want to reaffirm the tremendous love that has deepened and matured with the passing of years. Second, we want to pause and reflect on where we have been and where we are going. Lastly, we know that it would be a perfect example to set for our children. Can you imagine a more beautiful scene than children watching their parents joining hands and hearts as they affirm the magnitude and strength of their enduring love?
This ceremony is a symbol of our looking forward to many more years together. We've been married for ten years now and it is a truly amazing accomplishment. We have survived love's challenges together and it's about time for us to rededicate our lives and love for one another.
Andre is consistently very protective of and very gentle with me and though I always tell him how much I love him, I don't think I thank him often enough for being the kind of husband he is to me. Happy Anniversary again, husby. I thank God for bringing you to my life. I can't believe that we've come this far. You are my life, love and hope. You are my best friend. And like I always say, even when we are both old and gray, every time you hug me I just know that you will still take my breath away. I love you very much.

1 comment:

rochelle said...

Happy anniversary!! and many more years for you and bossing... I know how happy u are now and i wish you all the very best in the world.