Friday, October 3, 2008

My First Baby

Andrew Justyne is the name of my first baby. He is nine years old now and very handsome. I was pregnant with him at the age of eighteen. I was so young then but there was no regrets. I love kids in the first place. At such a young age, I was already excited to experience motherhood. I've been reading a lot of books about pregnancy and what to expect after giving birth. I told my husband that I want to be a hands on mother and he respected my decision. I was expecting to have a normal delivery but unfortunately I gave birth to him via caesarean section. I was already admitted at the hospital four days before his birth date. I was bleeding then and was brought to the emergency room for how many times. After three days of examination and still bleeding, the doctor decided to let me have an operation. Seeing my baby for the first time made me forget all the pain I've went through during the labour and operation. I planned to breastfeed him right away. My husband and I are so overjoyed to see our first newborn baby. Anyway, Andrew is a smart and bubbly boy. He is a good swimmer also which made us proud parents. He is an artist like me. He loves to read books also. He just had his first holy communion two weeks ago. He is in third grade now. I love him so much and I really hope that he will remember all the good things we've taught him.

No comments: