Monday, October 27, 2008

My Catholic Faith


interior of Antipolo Church



Our Lady Of Antipolo


In Antipolo, you can find the religious shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, popularly known as the Virgin of Antipolo. Every month of May, my husband and I together with my mom always visit the town to pay homage to the shrine of Our Lady of Antipolo. We have been doing this for almost six years. According to the historians, this miraculous icon has sailed back and forth from Manila to Acapulco eight times and on several occassions was credited with saving her galleon from destructions by pirates. The galleon's safe arrivals were attributed to the miaculous powers of the statuette.




Black Nazarene



Facade of Quiapo Church

Quiapo Church, officially known as Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene, is one of the famous churches in the Philippines. It is the home of Black Nazarene, a black wooden statue of our Lord Jesus Christ, which many people believe to have miraculous attributes. I've been visiting the church since last February 2008 because I have been coughing a lot and having backaches for a month and I was so scared to have a very serious illness. I learned about the Black Nazarene from a friend and so my husband and I go there every Monday night since then. People who have touched the Nazarene are reported to have sometimes been healed of their diseases that is why we always get close enough to touch the statue and perhaps even receive a miracle. So far, my visits to the church and constant prayer to the Black Nazarene had worked miracles on me which made me go back there once a week.




interior of Baclaran Church



Our Mother of Perpetual Help, Baclaran

I've been a devotee of Our Mother of Perpetual Help since the year 2003. It started when I had a lump on my left breast and it was painful. I was breastfeeding my third baby that time and the lump was just merely because of the breastmilk. I took medications for awhile and after a month of continuous prayer to the Mother of Perpetual Help seeking for good health everything went fine. Then my family suffers from many misfortunes after that which gives us more various reasons to visit the place. Some people even walked with their knees going to the image and pray for better fate. Our Mother of Perpetual Help always hear and answers my prayer which makes me believe in her more.




Our Lady Of Manaoag Cathedral



Our Lady of Manaoag,Pangasinan


We first learned about Our Lady of Manaoag in Pangasinan from a friend last May 2005. Since then, we have been visiting her shrine at least three times every year. She is the patroness of the sick, protectress of the helpless and the benefactress of the needy. I'm a devotee of Our Lady of Manaoag and praying to her helps strengthen my faith in her and God as well. I have been sickly lately and constantly praying to her for health restoration surely helps a lot. She answers most of my prayers and I am greatly thankful for that.

No comments: