Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Second Baby


This is my son Angelo Jehrard. He is seven years old now turning eight next Saturday. I have many stories to tell about this boy of mine. I almost lost him during the first month of my pregnancy with him. My doctor told me to have a bed rest for one week due to bleeding. When he was born, he was fully breastfed for six months only. It was totally sleepless nights for me and my husband since baby Jehrard slept between me and my husby. I have to stop breastfeeding him when he was six months old due to German measles. Both of us have it and we stayed in the hospital for 1 1/2 weeks in the same room. He was a brave baby but I was really sad seeing my little baby with the dextrose attached to his little hand. Another misfortune happened when he was two years old. He had a fracture in his right femur. I just gave birth to my third baby that time and was breastfeeding then. It was painful for me and my husby seeing our little boy with a cast on the leg for two months. He wants to play with his big brother but he can't do so. He can't sleep well because he felt so uncomfortable with the cast on. When the cast was removed, he couldn't walk. He has to undergo a physical therapy for one month. He had a speech problem when he was four. We had him checked thinking maybe he is autistic or what but fortunately he is not. After 2 months of observation, he started to talk and was able to say a lot of words. The most horrible thing that happened to him was when he had dengue fever last July 2007. I just gave birth to my fourth baby then. He was in critical condition already. His pediatrician told us that he is in second stage already and the last thing we can do is just pray. I can't bare to see him vomitting blood and crying in pain while in the hospital. This is the second time I almost lost him. We all prayed for him to get well. I couldn't help but cry almost every minute. I was even crying while tutoring my two other kids who were at home looking for Jehrard and praying for his health. I cried also while breastfeeding my fourth baby. It's hard really and a very traumatic experience for my family. I went to different churches to pray that time seeking help from God. And God answered my prayers. He did not take my son away from me and I thank him for that. He gave my son another chance to live. To my son Jehrard, I love you and mommy will always be here for you no matter what happens.

No comments: