Thursday, October 9, 2008

On Motherhood


Motherhood has changed me a lot. For sure, growing a human being inside your  stomach is amazing. Having a baby was the first time in my life that I really felt proud of myself. The feeling of excitement and joy never cease from my first to fourth baby. Motherhood is the single most important driving force for shifting to a healthy and safe lifestyle. I became more conscious of what I take and what I eat. I'd like to live longer so I can stay and see my family grow. My priorities, of course, just like any mother, have changed. I've mellowed a lot. Not just as a mother, but as a person. I have to make adjustments. Instead of going to the mall and buying new stuffs for myself, I just stay in the house to tutor my three little ones or go to the grocery with my family. When I was younger, I had so many other interests. Now, I've streamlined my activities and all my other extra curricular endeavors into what's good for me as a person. The dream of my whole life was I wanted to be a mother. To be a good wife to my husband and a good mother to my children. I run the household and take care of my kids. It is very stressful but rewarding. Motherhood makes me appreciate my mother more. I'm closer to my dad before but now it is the other way around. I take a lot of pride in saying I have many kids. I think it is one of my greatest achievements. I'm so grateful to have my kids and I get so much joy from it. It's really the hardest job in the world, but it's so rewarding and so wonderful. I love teaching them things. It's a wonderful experience really and an incredible blessing.

No comments: